Work with us
Have you ever wondered what it’s like to work at an airport? Boundary Bay Regional Airport are currently hiring Airport Operations Specialists to join the team responsible for keeping our airport and airfield safe and support our FBO Operations
Operation Specialist – Position
The Airport Operations Specialist is responsible for a variety of operational and administrative duties in support of management. Other duties that the Operations Specialist may be responsible for are as follows:
- Fuel concession operation and maintenance. This includes the fueling of avgas, jet fuel and sale of aircraft oil. The preventative maintenance of all fleet trucks as well as fuel plant equipment. The quality control of fuel products to industry standards.
- FBO ramp services. This includes lav services, marshaling, GPU services, baggage handling, and concierge services with a focus on customer service and repeat business.
- Landscaping. This includes lawn and field mowing and edging with various machines, weed control both on and off the apron areas and terminal landscaped zones.
- Wildlife management and logging.
- General maintenance and repair of buildings owned by Alpha Aviation and leased to various clients.
- Assisting with equipment maintenance, special events and projects.
- FBO duties such as answering phone calls, dispatching fuel trucks, greeting all aircrafts that come to the ramp, invoicing customers.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Airport Operations Supervisor.
- Snow removal/mitigation duties.
The Operation Specialist ideally should possess the following:
- Prior knowledge in airports is an asset but not essential.
- Good communication skills and sufficient computer skills in an MS Office.
- Critical thinking with the ability to solve problems.
- A team player, capable of working both collaboratively and independently.
- Excellent people skills, team player and must have a positive attitude.
- Class 5 BC Drivers license and clean driver’s abstract.
This exciting role is an opportunity for anyone interested in learning more about airport operations while getting hands-on experience at Canada’s busiest airport!
To apply for this role, please send your resume to email@example.com.